It’s true that we might be a little biased, but these tasty little olives play a major role in our business. Manzanilla olives are actually the most popular olive on the market today. These plump, green olives are used as both table olives (typically stuffed) and they’re also the foundation of olive oils and olive oil based products.
These olives are packed with health benefits that make them not just delicious, but good for you. We’ve covered the ins and outs of these olives already in this article , but because we’re such a fan we’re highlighting some new fun recipes that you can use them in.
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Jar Delizia Pitted Queen Olives
Red Pepper Flakes
1 french baguette
Add all ingredients into a food processor remembering to chop the garlic first. Pulse everything in the food processor until it has a slightly chunky consistency, but not totally pureed. Slice the baguette and toast it in the oven. Spoon the tapenade onto the toasted bread and serve.
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 Onion, finely chopped
2 gloves fresh garlic, finely chopped
1 can chopped tomatoes
½ cup Delizia stuffed olives of your choice
1 tsp brown sugar
Heat olive oil in a sauce pan on the stove. Add onion and garlic and cook until soft (approx. 5 minutes). Add tomatoes and olives and season as desired with black pepper, sea salt, and brown sugar. Bring ingredients to a boil and then let simmer until the sauce begins to thicken. Add in your favorite pasta and serve.
1 can garbanzo beans
1/3 cup Delizia stuffed olives of your choice
¼ cup lemon juice
2 gloves garlic, minced
3 Tablespoons UP Olive Oil
2 teaspoons chopped fresh basil
1 ½ tsp chopped fresh parsley
Salt and Pepper to taste
Blend all ingredients in a food processor until smooth. Serve with your favorite pita chips or vegetables.
1 jar Delizia stuffed olives of your choice
½ cup flour
1 cup fine bread crumbs
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
Combine flour and bread crumbs in a bag or bowl. Beat the eggs to create and egg wash. Remove the stuffed olives from the jar and rinse to remove excess salt and then pat them dry. Dip the olives in the egg wash and then the breading mixture. Repeat this 2-3 times to get a thick coat. Heat the olive oil in a pan. Once the olive oil is hot enough for frying add the breaded olives to the pan and fry until the olives are a nice golden brown. Serve while warm.
4 (6 oz each) raw boneless, skinless chicken breasts or cutlets
¾ teaspoon dried basil
¾ teaspoon dried oregano
¾ teaspoon dried rosemary
1 tablespoon + 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
¾ teaspoon minced garlic
¾ cup large pitted black olives
½ cup green stuffed olives
3 garlic cloves
1 tablespoon drained capers
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon mustard
1. Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil and set aside.
2. Place the chicken breasts on a cutting board and if necessary, pound with a meat mallet to ensure an even thickness. Combine the basil, oregano, and rosemary in a small dish and then sprinkle onto both sides of each chicken breast, pressing the herbs down to ensure they stick to the breasts.
3. Drizzle 2 teaspoons of the olive oil into a large skillet or saute pan and bring over med-high heat. When the oil is hot, add the minced garlic and saute for a minute. Add the chicken breasts in a single layer and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side to lightly brown the outside of the chicken.
4. Transfer the chicken breasts to the prepared baking sheet and cover them with another sheet of aluminum foil. Place the covered sheet pan in the oven and bake for 15 minutes. Remove the aluminum foil cover and continue baking uncovered for another 5-10 minutes (depending on the thickness of your breasts) until the chicken is cooked through.
5. While the chicken is baking, place the black olives, green olives, garlic cloves, capers, lemon juice, mustard, and remaining tablespoon of olive oil into a food processor and turn it on or pulse a few times until the ingredients are finely chopped and well combined. When the chicken is finished, top each breast with ¼ cup of olive tapenade and serve.